Sunday, March 17, 2024

belly ll

 

Matthew 12

 [40] For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

 Revelation 10

[9] And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
[10] And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
[11] And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

 

Jonah was to deliver the word of God to Nineveh. Jonah was God's word in person or delivered verbally. Jonah was swallowed by a great fish, ending up in the fishes belly. In this way God's word was in the belly.

John is instructed to eat the little book. The little book had God's word and God's word ends up in John's belly.

Jonah presumably made the fish's belly upset, because the fish vomits Jonah out near Nineveh. Then Jonah prophesies to Nineveh of God's destruction.

 John eats the little book and it makes his belly bitter. He is told that he must prophesy again, regurgitating God's word.

Jonah prophesied to one people and one king.

John must prophesy to multiple nations and multiple kings.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything is being recorded. You better believe it

Anything helps. Please, donate now.